Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Baby Two ~ 35 Weeks

 
 
How Far Along:  35 Weeks - Baby feels long! 
Boy or Girl: It's a toss up! 
Maternity Clothes: I thought maternity clothes were expensive and then I bought a couple new nursing tops. Good lord!!!
Sleep:Still doing ok for the most part, even with this cold. I definitely get up every hour to use the bathroom and get a drink though. I get so thirsty at night!
Best Moment: We had a good weekend. Friday night we all went out to dinner at Chili's and just hung out at home. Saturday I went to church with David and my parents and then out for Mexican at Kokopelli. Trying to get in all the out to eats that we can because neither Zach or I are big on taking babies out to eat. No thanks. 
Worst Moment: I have been sick since Saturday night. I guess it's just a cold, but it is completely knocking me out. I can hardly breathe, my throat is scratchy and I have an on and off cough. Plus I'm straight up exhausted and weak. I even spiked a low fever on Monday that kind of freaked me out but luckily went away quickly. I keep hoping that I will wake up feeling better, but so far, no luck. Plus I'm also suffering from some other not so fun pregnancy issues and I'm just kind of over this week. It's been a rough one, that is for sure.
Miss Anything: Breathing. I really, really miss breathing.
Movement:This one mostly moves in the evening and at night. Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle. Doctor has confirmed that baby is still head down so I'm pretty sure I feel a knee or foot poking out on the left side a lot. Baby also seems to be a lot more sensitive to sound and will go crazy if there's a loud noise.
Cravings: Oh, ice cream. This week has been all about the ice cream. And still lemonade.  
Aversions: Definitely ground beef. I also found a new one, jelly. I've been eating lots of peanut butter toast but I decided to make a PB&J for lunch over the weekend and ewwwww, I hated the jelly! So random!
Oh, I remember this: David had the hiccups a ton, ever since I felt him start to move. This one has hardly had the hiccups at all, until this week. Now it's all the time! And it's not short little bursts, they just go on and on. I even feel them when I wake up at night!
Well this is new: I've been woken up at night with some cramping a few times this week. I'm guessing they are intense braxton hicks or actual contractions. It's not terribly painful, so I know it's nothing much, but it's still kind of alarming at 3 in the morning.
Looking forward to: Definitely looking forward to feeling better. I am also going to dinner with Erica, who is due the same week as me tomorrow, so that will be fun. This weekend I hope to finish EVERYTHING in the nursery and pack my hospital bag and David's overnight bag for Grandma and Papa's.
How's David:  He has been extra, super cuddly lately. He always wants to be near me and sit with me and I can't complain. I'm trying to soak up the cuddles while I can. He has also been very willing to help me out and has been fetching kleenex and my water for me all week. I always let him grab something to eat on the 1 minute car ride (literally) to the babysitters and he always asks me if he can get me something. My purse is full of granola bars that he insists I take. He notices when I'm sore and uncomfortable and whenever I pick him up after work he asks me "how you feel mom?" and if I say I need to sit down for a little bit he will ask "baby hurting mom?"  He's so sweet. 

In other news, I had my first internal exam and I'm 1cm dialated already, but I know that means nothing. I walked around at a 2 with David for 3 weeks before he was born. I start weekly appointments now so we'll see what's up next week. 

And as promised, here's Zach's predictions for baby!
-Baby will be born on September 16 (11 days early)
-My water will break at work just like it did with David
-Baby will be a girl! 
-Lots of black hair
-8 pounds 6 ounces

We shall see very shortly.....

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers