Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Baby Two ~ 38 Weeks

 
How Far Along:  38 Weeks - Baby is the size of a pumpkin, or you know....a baby.
Boy or Girl: All of a sudden this week I've had lots of girl thoughts and girl dreams. I've kind of been freaking out a bit about it and have totally started re-looking at names and everything. Picking a girl name has been really hard! It'll still probably end up being a boy though.
Maternity Clothes: I have exactly two pairs of work-appropriate pants that are still even remotely comfortable. Thank goodness for the maxi skirts I got!
Sleep: Eh, it's been a rough week in the sleep department. I seem to convince myself that my water is going to burst every time I roll over (which is every half hour now) and I have to get up to use the bathroom a ton more than I have been. Add to that the fact that I've been having to wear wrist braces on both hands. They are starting to really bother me and I end up taking them off halfway through the night leaving me with one completely numb hand and a locked up wrist on the other. Sigh.
Best Moment: Zach was home all weekend and we got a lot done around the house. It is mostly clean and organized now. I even managed to get my fall decor out! I've been making sure to keep it clean and organized too. Definitely nesting.  I also got to see the movie that our team at work has been working on. I didn't think I'd make it long enough to see it! It was pretty cute!
Worst Moment: I am so worn out and struggling a bit mentally. I completely though I'd have the baby by now. The date I'd been throwing around in my head was today and Zach and my moms dates have already passed too. My dr offered to induce me at 40 weeks but I declined. As much as I want to be done, I want to give baby a chance to come on their own. David was born at exactly 39 weeks, but at this point I'll be shocked if this baby come early.
Miss Anything: I cannot wait to workout again.
Movement: Mostly at night now and lots of big pushes.
Cravings: Sweets, lemonade, cheese.
Aversions: Still ground beef. Bleh.
Oh, I remember this: I'm lucky to have made it this far without my feet hurting, but now they do. Boo.
Well this is new: Since my water broke with David, I find myself always thinking that it's going to happen that way again, so I'm always thinking it's just going to happen with every move I make, I kind of miss the ignorance of first time labor!
Looking forward to: Going to the hospital to have a baby??? Also, having a beer or something.
How's David: He still asks every day if the baby is going to come out today. He seems to be excited about the baby riding in the car in the seat next to him. He's been a lot better about playing on his own and is really starting to show his imagination, which is awesome and hilarious. Next we are trying to work on decision making. Everything "yes, I want this" then "no!" then "but I really want it" then "NO I DON'T WANT THAT!" and then back to "but I want it!!!"  It's maddening! I have a feeling that the rumors that three is worse than two might be true in his case. At least he's ridiculously adorable, right?! :) 

Well that's a wrap on week 38... will I have a 39 week update? We shall see....

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Greenwood, Missouri, United States

Followers